- Like This Article
- Like Our Page
This mini home workout challenge will keep you moving through the whole of winter. It’s literally just 40 bite-size sweat challenges every day, for 40 days. You can totally do that, right?
But why are we asking you to do this in the first place? Well it’s tradition, you see!
Every winter at our live group training locations around Australia we run a 40-day challenge – it’s kicks off Tuesday 13th June so you’re just in time to get involved if you live near one of our HQs. The goal of the challenge is to be as consistent with your training as possible for 40 days throughout winter, with the winner taking home a kick-ass prize pool.
But if you can’t join us in person, this year you can have a little fun following along at home.
Your Home Challenge
Below is a list of 40 small challenges – simply print them off, stick them on your fridge and do each day’s hit as it comes up. This may not be a life-changing exercise program but it could be that little nudge you need to keep moving over winter and who knows, might even inspire you to really step up your winter game!
To get involved, just do this:
- Choose a start date (we start on June 13th)
- On day one, do the first challenge on the list
- Every day after that, do the next and the next…until you finish your 40 days!
Don’t know what a few of the exercises are? No worries, they’re all standard moves, so just pop them into Google for a how-to.
Have fun and show us that you’re sticking to the plan by following us on Instagram or Facebook @bufgirls and #bufgirl #40daysBUF
- 100 Squats
- 10 Push-Ups x 10 sets throughout the day (TV ad breaks have never been so energising)
- 10 Lunge Jumps + 10 second rest x 8 sets
- 10 High Knees + 10 Mountain Climbers x 10 sets
- Tabata Burpees! Do 20 seconds of Burpees followed by a 10 second rest for 4 minutes in total!
- 100 Bicycle Crunches
- 10 Star Jumps whenever your phone rings 😉
- 20 seconds of Squat Jumps + 20 seconds rest x 6 sets
- 10 seconds High Knees + 10 seconds rest for 3 minutes
- 100 Body Weight Plank Rows
- 45 seconds of Walking Lunges + 15 seconds rest x 4 sets
- 2 Burpees every time you send a text 😉
- Tabata Plank Hold! Plank for 20 seconds followed by a 10 second rest for 4 minutes in total!
- 100 Crunches
- 30 Tricep Dips
- 10 seconds of Star Jumps + 10 seconds rest for 2 minutes
- 40 1-Leg Hip Raises each side (elevate your foot to make it harder)
- 60 seconds of Squats + 60 second Plank Hold x 2 sets
- 5 Tuck Jumps x 5 sets throughout the day
- 100 Superman Rows
- Reverse Lunge around your house when you need to get up
- Tabata Bicycle Crunches! Do 20 seconds of Bicycle Crunches followed by 10 seconds rest for 4 minutes in total!
- 80 Squat to Kick
- 20 Lateral Lunges x 6 sets throughout the day
- 50 Lateral Skaters
- 20 seconds Reverse Lunge to Hop (left side) + 20 seconds (on right) + 20 seconds rest x 4 sets
- 60 Russian Twists x 4 sets throughout the day
- 20 Burpee Star Jumps at sunrise and sunset
- 100 High Knees + 50 Mountain Climbers x 3 sets
- 10 Squats + 10 Squat Jumps x 6 sets
- 10 Burpees + 30 seconds rest x 4 sets
- 100 Star Jumps
- 20 Full Sit Ups + 40 Jump Lunges x 2 sets
- 80 High Knees + 8 Lateral Skaters x 4 sets
- 40 seconds Reverse Lunges + 20 seconds Jump Lunges x 3 sets
- 50 Hip Raises + 50 Star Jumps
- 50 Push-Ups
- 30 seconds Bicycle Crunches + 30 second Plank Hold x 3 sets
- 10 Star Jumps whenever you look at the time
- 40 reps of your 4 favourite exercises!
- Like This Article
- Like Our Page