- Like This Article
- Like Our Page
When Winter is on it’s way out, sometimes all you need to get the ‘Spring’ back in your step is a fresh and simple 5 day meal plan to reboot and get you going!
That’s exactly why we created this 5 day meal plan just for you! The guide will provide some structure to your week and help you feel fresh as a spring daisy, without having to spend oodles of cash on a fancy ‘detox’ that will only leave you feeling hungry!
This plan isn’t a “must follow”, you can substitute with any healthy ingredients you prefer, but it can act as a guide to help you get back on track. A lot of this menu is plant-based, but where we’ve suggested animal-based proteins, you can easily sub those out for vegan or vegetarian options.
We hope you enjoy this little leap into Spring!
The 5 day meal plan ‘fresh start’ rules…
- Include healthy fats, veggies and a little protein with breakfast (so most cereal and toast-like products are a no-go)
- No refined or added sugar, or sugar substitutes (yep, even artificial sweeteners and honey are out!) It’s just for 5 days girls 😉
- Limit coffee to one per day and nooooo milky coffees – a piccolo or little dash of your whole fat milk of choice is fine, but no large latte or cappuccino orders!
- No alcohol at all 🙅♀️
- Limit gluten containing products
- Healthy fats only (so avocado, grass-fed butter, olive oil, etc are included, but processed options like sunflower oil, canola oil, palm oil, and any oil that’s ‘partially hydrogenated’ are out). Make sure you check the back of any packets, as nasty oils are found in most processed food products!
- No sugary liquids – water, sparkling water, herbal teas and the odd black tea or coffee only
- If you need a sweet hit after dinner, try sweet herbal teas like liquorice, rose hip, vanilla, or peppermint, or indulge in one square of Lindt 90% dark chocolate (yum!)
- Vegetarians/vegans – feel free to mix up any animal protein suggested with an option you’re comfortable with, whether it’s nuts or toasted hemp seeds, tempeh/tofu, quinoa or legumes, or a rice/beans combo.
- Focus on getting at least 7-8 hours sleep per night – you’ll expend more energy in the day time, crave less sweet foods and your metabolism will work more efficiently too!
- Breakfast: Scrambled eggs + spinach + mushrooms + feta
Drizzle olive oil in a pan, toss in some spinach and sliced mushrooms, scramble in a few eggs and serve up with a quarter avocado.
- ***Busy gal’s brekky option: make our BUF Brinner Frittata in advance on Sunday night and it should last you for breakfast (and maybe a dinner or two) all week!
- Snack: Apple with handful of walnuts
- Lunch: Chicken salad with pumpkin or sweet potato
- Snack: Hummus and vegetable sticks
- Dinner: Salmon steak with steamed greens and a drizzle of tahini
- Breakfast: Smoothie with protein powder, coconut water or a nut milk of your choice + frozen berries (bonus points for throwing in some super greens powder!)
- Snack: 2 boiled eggs with sea salt + pepper, or a scoop of hummus
- Lunch: Turkey + avocado rolled up in iceberg lettuce leaves
- Snack: Pear or banana + handful of almonds
- Dinner: Big veggie stir-fry + half a cup (about 100g) of brown rice
- Breakfast: 50-100g plain oats + berries, Greek yoghurt + chia seeds or nuts
- Snack: 2 brown rice cakes with avocado + tahini drizzle
- Lunch: Tuna salad + avocado + olive oil/mustard dressing
- Snack: Sliced apple with nut butter on top (SO YUM!)
- Dinner: Try our BUF Rainbow Abundance Bowl OR grill any meat or alternate protein of your choice and serve with steamed broccoli + asparagus + half a cup of quinoa
- Breakfast: Scrambled eggs + greens + quarter to half avocado
- Snack: Natural yoghurt + chopped banana + nuts
- Lunch: Salmon salad with lots of greens + balsamic dressing
- Snack: Smoothie with protein powder, coconut water or a nut milk of your choice + frozen berries (bonus points for throwing in some super greens powder!)
- Dinner: BUF Raw Pad Thai – you’ll LOVE this recipe!
- Breakfast: BUF Ultimate Green Breakfast Bowl
- Snack: Fresh avocado dip and vegetable sticks
- Lunch: Veggie based soup of your choice + 1 x slice gluten free toast or traditional sourdough with some grass-fed butter, OR left-over BUF Raw Pad Thai
- Snack: Sliced apple spread with nut butter
- Dinner: White fish steak of your choice + salsa + broccoli + half a cup of rice OR some roasted pumpkin or sweet potato
- Bonus Day Five Dessert: Try our Easy, Sexy Summery Strawberry Crumble!
For more simple, yummy, healthy recipes, grab our book, or sign up to our online program and score an exercise guide too! You might want to grab yourself a tub of our vegan, gut-loving protein powder for a light breakfast or smoothie option. Or, nab yourself some of Chief’s delish collagen bars for healthy, convenient snacks on the go!
- Like This Article
- Like Our Page